Hotel AX is a brand new artistic playground and a place for relaxed inspiration. Hotel AX is opening its doors to art and the Helsinki art scene – but it is also an art experience in itself. The hotel’s name – the Art Experience – is rooted in the idea of a comprehensive art experience.
The first art hotel in the Nordic region has been realised in collaboration with some of Finland’s foremost modern artists. And sitting in the director’s chair is interior architect, designer and sculptor Stefan Lindfors.
Finnish modern art is at the heart of the concept. In addition to a diverse collection of works inside and outside the building, AX will be a platform, enabler and gateway for guests into Helsinki culture and artistic life more broadly.
Hotel AX: The Basics
Address: Välimerenkatu 18, 00220 Helsinki, Finland
- Number of rooms: 173
- Price range: From EUR 134 depending on the date and room type
- Number of floors: 7
- Floor area of the hotel: 5,500 m2
- Year of construction: 2022
- Architect: Ari Ahonen, SARC Architects
- Interior designer: Stefan Lindfors
- Number of meeting rooms: 1
- Restaurant: AX Restaurant
- Other facilities and services: AX Under meeting venue, AX Rouge function room, AX Garden
- Hotel chain: Primehotels
- Lessor: Terrieri Kiinteistöt
- Plot owner: S-Bank Tontti Erikoissijoitusrahasto
Arts & Culture
AX is a gateway to Helsinki’s world of art. For us arts and experiences are a promise of something worth a visit. We will open the gate to Helsinki’s best experiences and offer you the chance for self expression by the means of art and culture.